December 7, 2016
ConsensusDocs Updates Industry Best Practice Standard Contracts
December 7, 2016
Contact: Carrie Ciliberto
Washington, D.C. – Today, the ConsensusDocs Coalition, an unprecedented coalition of 40 leading design and construction industry associations, published the 2016 comprehensive revisions to many of its prime and subcontract agreements.
Contracts are the foundation of every project, and ConsensusDocs’ mission is to publish contracts that advance project results. The revised contracts address industry changes impacting insurance, legal, technology, and terminology.
“This update reaffirms that using fair contracts to get better project results with less claims makes sense for today’s construction industry,” states Brian Perlberg, ConsensusDocs Executive Director. He adds, “In order to stay ahead of the curve, refinements addressing changes in the insurance market, technology advances, and terminology refinements are being published. Fundamental principles of owner active engagement, direct and positive party communications, clear and understandable legal writing remain in place.”
After soliciting and receiving extensive feedback, the comprehensive revisions to various key ConsensusDocs forms result from the combined effort of thousands of volunteer hours invested by the ConsensusDocs Content Advisory Council, the significant contributions and support of the 40 member organizations, as well as invaluable feedback of industry participants, attorneys, and other design, construction, insurance and surety professionals who use the ConsensusDocs family of documents.
- ConsensusDocs 200 Owner & Constructor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 205 Owner & Constructor Short Form Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 240 Owner & Design Professional Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 750 Constructor & Subcontractor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 751 Constructor & Subcontractor Short Form Agreement
Coming in early 2017:
- ConsensusDocs 235 Owner & Constructor Short Form Agreement (Cost of Work)
- ConsensusDocs 245 Owner & Design Professional Short Form Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 410 Owner & Design-Builder Agreement (Cost of Work Plus Fee with GMP)
- ConsensusDocs 415 Owner & Design-Builder Agreement (Lump Sum)
- ConsensusDocs 420 Design-Builder & Design Professional Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 450 Design-Builder & Subcontractor Agreement
- ConsensusDocs 460 Design-Builder & Subcontract Agreement (Cost Plus with GMP)
- ConsensusDocs 500 Owner & Construction Manager Agreement (GMP with Preconstruction Services Option)
The Coalition will continue to release new and updated contract documents throughout 2017 and beyond to further its mission of helping the industry build a better way.
ConsensusDocs are the only contracts written by leading design and construction industry organizations. With a catalog of 100+ contract documents addressing all methods of project delivery, ConsensusDocs contracts incorporate fair risk allocation and best practices to represent the project’s best interests. Coalition organizations represent hundreds of thousands of design professionals, owners, contractors, subcontractors and sureties (DOCS). For more information, please visit www.ConsensusDocs.org, call 866-925-DOCS (3627) or email support@ConsensusDocs.org.
# # #