Upcoming ConsensusDocs Webinars
Best Practices for Contracting Between Design Professionals?
And How ConsensusDocs Contracts Can Help
Monday, November 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM
Contracting between design professionals often raises risk management issues concerning the application and use of fundamental business terms, risk allocation between similarly aligned parties, and operational concerns related to compliance with pass-through owner requirements. A new standard contract published by ConsensusDocs, a coalition of 40+ industry groups, attempts to fairly allocate the risks confronting contracting design professionals between them, in a way that recognizes and utilizes best practices that are commonly employed by prime designers and consultants alike. This webinar, given by two of the lead authors of the working group that drafted the new contract document, will highlight critical issues that any agreement negotiated between design professionals and consultants should address, and project-specific considerations that designers and consultants may want to consider addressing in the context of such contract negotiations.
- Identify and discuss best practices for contacting between a responsible design professional and a subcontracting consultant design professional.
- Understand how the new ConsensusDocs 250 Standard Design Professional to Consultant Agreement addresses the unique risk management issues confronting contracting design professionals.
- Identify and understand keys contractual clauses design professionals and consultants should discuss and consider using to address their unique project and business needs.
Partner - Smith, Currie & Hancock LLP, Atlanta, GA
Partner - Dentons US LLP, St. Louis, MO
Moderator: Brian Perlberg
Executive Director, ConsensusDocs
A FREE Online Tour of the ConsensusDocs Cloud-Based Platform - Next Session October 15, 2014
Register for an Upcoming Training Session:
In this 60-minute webinar you will learn about the new ConsensusDocs technology platform, which provides:
- 24/7 Access – Access contracts anytime, anywhere via a secure cloud-based system.
- Easy Editing – Use MS Word® to customize ConsensusDocs contracts.
- Easy Collaboration – Collaborate with others for free - you control editing rights.
- Favorites – ConsensusDocs contracts modified to meet your unique needs.
- Conversions – Upload and convert your own documents.
- Comparisons – Quickly see differences between documents.
- Free Guidance – Embedded instructions and the free ConsensusDocs Guidebook.
Have Questions? Want More Info?
Contact us at: (866) 925-DOCS (3627)
or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org